Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why Do I Torture Myself??

I have another winter project!

Winter seems to be the time when I really start working with my own horses.

Mel - 2005/2006

Hank - 2006/2007

Riley - 2007/2008

And now 2008/2009 three winter projects Haha at least it keeps me busy!!

I got Bussy in summer 2006. She was bred to The Joy of Money for a May 2007 foal. She ended up having Boo (Bustin' Out The Money) I didn't rebreed her in 2007 and she didn't catch this year. So instead of being a lazy fat ol' broodmare I've started working with her!

When I got her I was told that I shouldn't try riding her. Her previous owner had bought her as a broodmare but wanted to see what see was like under saddle. I guess she almost reared over backwards when they asked her to go forward.

She has never given me any problems in the couple of months that I've been working her. She's never offered to buck or rear. I've been taking it slow with her. I did some ground work and lunging and ground driving. She never had a problem with any of it. She just likes to go sometimes. She stays in gait though and OMG she is going to be a blast to ride when she's going good! She stands like a rock for me to get on and just stands there until I ask her to move. And when I do ask her to move she's quite content to just dog walk.

She still needs work. She doesn't turn great and she's not always sure about going forward, and she's inconsistent. That'll all come with time though. She's very willing and sweet about everything. I really love this mare!

No one was around to take pictures with me up so I had to settle for ones on the lunge line.

No comments: